This is a light and refreshing salad that is quick and easy to make. A great side dish for barbecues, or serve with rice and dhal to add a burst of colour and flavour to your plate. If possible, let it sit a few hours before serving, so that all the flavours have a chance to marinate together.
- 1 kg carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/4 bunch fresh mint, picked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons currants
- Zest from one lemon
- Juice, from one lemon
- 1–1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1–1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and toss well. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and fresh lemon. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Keywords: grated carrot salad, carrot and mint salad, easy vegan carrot salad